Blueberry Pie Recipe
So last week I made yet another pie! I know I know… but hey, I love pie!
I had a lot of fun making this blueberry dessert, even though it was a challenge working with dough around Ava. She is a quick little bugger sometimes! Anyways, this pie was for a get together we went to and of course I wanted to showcase my pie skills so I kinda went all out. I have really been enjoying my zester lately and decided to add some lemon zest to spike up some more flavor to the pie as well as decorate my crust to make it fancy!
It was an interesting result that left the pie plate empty. I hope that you find this recipe just as enjoyable as our friends did and are able to create the same experience for your loved ones this holiday season.
Tweet Me[bctt tweet=”This blueberry pie had an interesting result that left the pie plate empty.” username=”omlivin”]
- Preheat oven 425°
- Roll out pie crust and place into 9 inch pie plate. Poke fork in bottom (in at least 2 times to ensure air comes through)
- Mix blueberries with lemon juice and set aside.
- Mix your cornstarch, sugar and cinnamon together. Make sure there is consistency in the texture, no chunks.
- Mix in with your blueberries and place into pie plate. Sprinkle zest over top and place butter cubes throughout the top as well.
- Use your imagination for the top of the pie crust, I have an assortment of stamps I use for my crusts and decided to use sunflowers on one side and latticed the other side.
- Using your egg yolk and water mixture, brush over your crust and cover edges with a crust cover (trust me, so much easier than foil!)
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove crust cover and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Top with coconut whipped cream and enjoy!
Question of the Day:
What is your favorite type of pie to enjoy during the fall? You might just see a recipe soon! Let me know in the comments down below!
Written By: Ashleigh NicoleAshleigh is a mother & wife who enjoys blogging in hopes to change this world for the better. Wanting to heal others inside-out as well as healing our planet Earth. Her passions include balancing the mind through meditation, knowledge & conscious parenting, the body through plant based eating, alternative medicine, & yoga, and the soul through up cycling, gardening, & sustainability. Keep your life balanced & subscribe to her weekly emails, like OmLivin’ on FB or check her out on Google+ for more.
Want more plant based recipes?
Follow Om Livin’ on Pinterest for hand selected plant based recipes. For more boards vist Om Livin’s pinterest page here!