Hello my hungry friends,
My grandma Barbara always drank her coffee black, which is how each of her grandchildren prefer their coffee’s as well. I just enjoy the flavor so much more than all those sugary highly processed creamers filled with questionable ingredients. Although….. I do have to say, that fall speaks to me in a different way than all the other seasons. I do enjoy a bit of something something in my coffee every now and this during this time of year.
I will typically just pour a bit of coconut milk and be done with it. However a few weeks ago I decided to be a bit adventurous and try some experimenting. What a great experiment that it was, I now have a delicious and healthier alternative to Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spiced Latte. Which I do have to be honest and say that I have only had their PSL twice in my life, so I guess it’s not a very fair comparative, BUTTTTTTT I do know that the ingredients in my latte are without a doubt much healthier.
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Spice Mix (homemade)
- 1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup (or Honey for non vegan)
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 8-10 oz strongly brew coffee or (1-2 shots of espresso)
- In a saucepan, mix your pumpkin and pumpkin spice over medium heat. Make sure to stir for about 2 minutes. Add your sweetener and stir for another minute.
- Whisk in coconut milk, vanilla and maca.
- Once you have reached a consistent texture, use a hand blender or frother (I am not really sure what they are called, my stepdad just has one and that’s what I call it ha!) to create a frothy texture.
- Have your coffee ready in two mugs and pour your frothed milk on top of each.
- I like to top with with my coconut whipped cream and sprinkle a bit more pumpkin pie spice or fresh nutmeg.
❤ ॐ❤ ॐ❤ ॐ❤
Question of the Day:
What’s your favorite flavor during the fall?
❤ ॐ❤ ॐ❤ ॐ❤
Please share your opinions, thoughts, experiences or questions in the comments down below. I would LOVE to hear them!! Be sure to check back on Tuesdays for more recipes or you can always subscribe to my newsletter!! Also if you decide you’re up for the challenge of replicating this recipe, please post a picture on the comments down below, my Facebook / google+ page or instagram it with the #omlivin Lets spread the plant based love!! ❤ ॐ❤!
Some links listed below are affiliate links, meaning that Om Livin’ earns a small commission if you purchase through the links. These links are what helps support Om Livin’, don’t worry we only link items that we love in hopes that you and your loved ones continue the path towards a more peaceful, healthy, and sustainable life! To read our full affiliate disclosure click here.
Speaking of a healthier lifestyle, Om Livin’ loves to talk about holistic healing, but the information on this blog are for educational purposes only. These statements on Om Livin’ are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information. We do advise you to continue your research from multiple sources as well. Please read our full medical disclaimer here.