Hello my loves,
I’m sorry I’ve been away for so long…I got to a point where I needed a break to myself and Ava before baby Luna made her appearance.
Now that Luna is here and we are all starting to settle into a normal routine, I thought that I would be ready to jump back into the blog….but that wasn’t really the case. A lot has happened since my last post and it has changed my voice for this blog a bit.
Don’t worry I am not going to be doing 180° on you all…but I feel that it will be a more authentic voice…more venerable, more of this healthy/peaceful/sustainable/crazy life through the eyes and mind of motherhood….truly.
I want to be perfect for you readers, I really do…but that’s not the case. I am just a mom, trying to find the best path for her tribe while trying as hard as I can to enjoy every minute of it on the way!
I started to follow some other mamas on IG to get some motivation on homeschooling and just parenting in general & most their lives seemed so perfect; their homes are always clean and so minimal, their clothing is freaking adorable, each little square was picture perfect (pun intended) it almost made me feel as if I weren’t doing enough. #fail
As a mother, we all go to bed at night thinking of ways to be a better mother the next day…maybe we can paint a little longer, or play outside in the rain a bit more (is anyone else getting cabin fever with all these rainy days??) or bake a billion cookies just to pass the time…then eat those billion cookies and watch the smiles on our faces as we tell each other funny stories.
But let me tell you something mama, you are a great mama. Sure use those perfect families as inspiration but don’t you dare compare yourself to them. You are a genuine, loving, & kind mama…the fact that you compare yourself to others is sure sign that you are a great one, always aspiring to be the best…but when I ask my daughter if she is happy, her response is always “of course I am, I have the best mommy in the world who teaches me cool stuff!” Seriously melts my heart every time I hear those words!
Be sure to snap a photo & hashtag #omlivin of your family adventures! I would love to see your littles enjoying life!
So if you ever have your doubts…remember, we all do mama. we all do.
So what can you expect for Om Livin’s future posts?
- Meditation Monday
- Yoga, meditation & my spiritual path are still extremely important for me. What ever your religion is, it’s extremely important to spend time getting closer to your personal God/Goddess. I hope to teach you ways to squeeze in time for that as well as practicing yoga & meditation with children.
- Tasty Tuesday
- Our family has decided to become vegan, so recipes on Om Livin’ will now be vegan, and hopefully a few raw recipes as well…I am super obsessed with Earthy Andy’s instagram feed and adorable boys (seriously they are so cute!) & she recently started 21 Earthy Days so be sure to go check her out as well!
- Wholesome Wednesday
- Health is so important to us all, so Om Livin’ will continue to post articles on holistic health as well as herbal health.
- Thrifty Thursday
- I recently reopened my Etsy shop & changed the name to Crescent & Sparrow featuring knits for babies, children, teens, & adults. I will later introduce some hand sewn clothing. As for posts, I will continue to post children’s crafts, up cycled crafts, and holiday crafts…as well as featuring items from my etsy shop.
- Family Friday
- All that is motherhood, the ups, the downs, the what the heck am I doing? Remember I am on this journey with you, but I hope to inspire as well as inform those of you that have not yet been introduced to natural/gentle/slow parenting.
- Sustainable Saturday
- Homemade cleaning & beauty supplies recipes. 🙂
I know this post was short and sweet, but I hope that it gets you excited for the future….and if not…well I wish you the very best of luck on your personal journey in this life, may you have eternal light and happiness! If I left anything out that you would be interested in learning about please please comment down below & let me know! You are my beloved readers & I want nothing more than to help inform you on your path!
You be you Mama!
Question of the Day:
What is your biggest challenge as a mother?
Be sure to come back on our next Family Friday for more articles pertaining to family lifestyle & an alternative way of raising children. Don’t forget you can always subscribe to receive weekly emails in your inbox! Comments are always welcomed as well as opinions on my social media pages, | Instagram | Twitter | Google+. Please try to be open minded towards each other and remember we are all trying to do what’s best. We can only expand our knowledge to those who are willing to hear it. Be educated, be wise and be kind. Thanks for reading and be sure to snuggle extra long with your littles this weekend, they won’t be little for long. ॐ❤
Some links listed below are Amazon & other affiliate links, meaning that Om Livin’ earns a small commission if you purchase through the links. These links are what helps support Om Livin’, don’t worry we only link items that we love in hopes that you and your loved ones continue the path towards a more peaceful, healthy, and sustainable life! To read our full affiliate disclosure click here.
Speaking of a healthier lifestyle, Om Livin’ loves to talk about holistic healing, but the information on this blog are for educational purposes only. These statements on Om Livin’ are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information. We do advise you to continue your research from multiple sources as well. Please read our full medical disclaimer here.
Want more parenting tips & tricks?
Follow Om Livin’ on Pinterest for a plethora of hand picked crunchy, conscious, gentle, and awesome parenting tips! For even more boards vist Om Livin’s pinterest page here!
Don’t Miss These Family Friday Posts: