How to Make Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
After trail & error…trail & error and yet more trail & error, I was finally able to successfully make buffalo cauliflower bites!!
I am so pleased with this recipe & it was so extremely easy I don’t know why I didn’t try it like this the first time! This batter was just perfect and so fluffy!
The texture was perfect, literally the only problem with it was…there wasn’t enough! Shane has not stopped talking about it since…and yes he did have an armful of cauliflowers at the store yesterday just so I can continue to make it! haha!
Now before I give you this easy peasy recipe let me take you down the road of horror & failure!
Yes this was my 6th or so time trying this recipe. I have tried frying them (both in a skillet & a deep frier [yes i dare say Shane’s mother owns a mini deep fryer…but all fried with coconut oil so I am not that guilty]) & I’ve tried baking them at different times (sometimes the texture was just mushy due to being cooked too long) and temps. But when it came down to it, it was really the batter that was the problem. All the pinterest recipes I could find were just falling off the florets and were not that beautiful golden/redish fluffy look I was looking for.
Yes it was the batter!
Like I said… I don’t know why it took me so many times to perfect it due to the simplicity of the error. I am going to give you the serving size that I first made so feel free to double it if you are piggies like us!
Hey I am still breastfeeding so I have an excuse….right??
- Preheat oven to 375°
- First mix the flour, water, garlic powder and franks sauce together in a medium sized mixing bowl
- Next dip each "bite" into the bowl making sure to cover it completely with the mixture
- Place "bites" on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes
- Meanwhile, add the melted butter & hot sauce to a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Once your "bites" are nice and crispy looking, remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Throw your bites in the large bowl and hand mix in with the sauce. (Try to be gentle to keep the batter on the bites)
- Bake for an additional 5 minutesand then remove from oven.
- Beautify your serving plate with chopped carrots and celery along with some delicious ranch dressing!
- Bon appétit!!
Be sure to snap a photo & hashtag #omlivin during or after making this recipe! I would love to know how it turned out for you!
Question of the Day:
Do you eat as much food as your significant other does? Let me know in the comments down below!
Be sure to check back on Tuesdays for more plant based recipes & culinary tips or you can always subscribe to my newsletter!! Also if you decide you’re up for the challenge by replicating this recipe, be sure to post a picture on | Instagram | Google+ | Twitter | for the Om Livin’ community to see (with the #omlivin). Lets spread the plant based love!! ❤ ॐ❤!
Written By: Ashleigh Nicole
Ashleigh is a mother & wife who enjoys blogging in hopes to change this world for the better. Wanting to heal others inside-out as well as healing our planet Earth. Her passions include balancing the mind through meditation, knowledge & conscious parenting, the body through plant based eating, alternative medicine, & yoga, and the soul through up cycling, gardening, & sustainability. Keep your life balanced & subscribe to her weekly emails, follow OmLivin’ on instagram, twitter, pinterest or check her out on Google+ for more.
Want more plant based recipes?
Follow Om Livin’ on Pinterest for hand selected plant based recipes. For more boards vist Om Livin’s pinterest page here!
Don’t Miss These Tasty Tuesday Posts:
Read Recent Posts from Om Livin’